When getting home from the chilly winter scene outside, the one thing you look forward to is a nice hot meal. What better way to warm and nurture yourself than with a healthy bowl of yummy soup...that's vegan, of course! We love this recipe from AllRecipes.com for Vegan Black Bean Soup. This recipe makes 6 Servings, so you'll have some leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth, 2 cans of beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process remaining 2 cans beans and tomatoes until smooth. Stir into boiling soup mixture, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.